So, this is actually for all dogs and humans who love dogs. If you are not from any of these ‘loosely’ defined categories, maybe you can still make this and pretend youre a dog, and eat it.
Here is the recipe source for today, much modified from my end. You see, I did not have something called carob seeds, and I did not want to spend a packet on low fat cream cheese, so I made my own recipe.
So here goes,
GOOFY’S SPECIAL BIRTHDAY TREAT
(Doggie cake with banana honey topping)
What you need:
A very good looking black Labrador
An equally awesome best friend cum dog owner
Pardee guests who quietly appreciate your cooking
Here is what I used today
Two cups of wholewheat flour/atta
One cup of all purpose flour/maida
Two tablespoons of honey
One and a half teaspoons of baking powder
One teaspoon of vanilla essence
Two cups of water
For the topping
One tablespoon of honey
For the decoration
A couple of dog biscuits
A chewie dog treat
A gaudy, left over ribbon
1. Chop up the bananas into small pieces, and put them into your mixie.
2. Start the mixie, and blend it for around a minute, till the bananas are pulverized. Let the mushy bananas remain in the mixie. May they lie in peace, little ones.
3. Bring on the mixing bowl(patila). Add the whole wheat and all purpose flour, and the baking powder.
3. Add the banana mush from the mixie into the patila.
4. Add the honey to the patila, strategically over the mush.
5. Breathe in. Remember to breathe out. Also, preheat your oven. Sorry, I forgot to tell you in the beginning. Deal with it.
6. Add the vanilla essence and two cups of water. Mix it around vaguely.
7. Add the solitary egg to the mixture.
8. Give it a good beating, I tried to use my (newly purchased) blender, but it didnt really help. Blah. So, dont use it, use the hands.
9. Grease a baking tin with a tiny bit of butter, you may also use oil.
10. Add the contents of the patila to the baking tin. This is what it looked like:
11. Put it into the oven, very carefully, for around 30 to 45 minutes, and check every 15 minutes with the fork trick. Figure it out choons.
While this is happening, try and steal your help’s one year old baby. This is what her baby looks like.
12. Take the cake out of the oven and admire it for one whole minute.
13. Add one banana and one tablespoon of honey into the mixie. Put the mixie on. This is what it looks like when its done.
14. Add this over the cake you just prepared. Use your mother to do this.
15. Further decorate with dog biscuits, chewy treat, and a gaudy pink ribbon. This is what it looked like:
17. Look at the love around you. 🙂
Also, just so you know, I tasted this cake too, seemed ok to me. Maybe, just maybe, with a little more honey, it can be a healthy version of banana bread. 🙂
Here is some more dog love. With my poochie pie Zulu Menon. She is scary, and this is a once in a blue moon occurrence you are witnessing.