I was looking for a recipe which would be easy, keeping in mind whatever else I had to do today, on my oh so busy day. I decided to try out iced tea, making it from scratch at home. Was a lot of fun really, and super delish.
After looking at a lot of recipes, I zeroed in on a bbc good food guide one. Here is the source: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4618/citrus-iced-tea
This recipe seemed easy enough to fit in, so I started off.
Here goes, you lucky choons.
SELFISH ICED TEA
What you need:
A long hot dog
Ability to multi-task
One cup of water
A teaspoon of tea leaves/one tea bag
Two teaspoons of sugar
Juice of one orange
Juice of half a lemon
A few mint leaves
1. Make black tea, using the water, tea leaves, and sugar.
2. Drain out the tea leaves, and keep it aside in a cup. Yes. I told you it is easy.
3. Add the mint leaves to it and let it cool down. I used this ample time to take a bath.
4. Cut up the orange, de-seed it, and add it to the mixie. Extra points for you if youve got a juicer and can use that. Sniffle.
5. Also, squeeze half a lemon, and keep the juice so produced aside.
6. Once the orange juice and lemon juice has been created, add it to the black tea with mint, I had to change cups mid way as the first one I used was too small. Pug my life and every element in it.
Now notice a living breathing hot-dog in the image below you.
Here is what the cup looks like without the juice.
Here is what it looks like with juice 🙂
I couldnt waste any more time, (sheesh!), so I drank it like this, but you may drain out the mint leaves, if you want that is, only if you want.
This is only for one person, so, use your brains, and double everything for two people. Dhishhh.