Yes, where was I you choon? So finally I figured that I will cook some chicken today, but then again, I was zapped on what kind to make. I suddenly remembered some wonderful dry rosemary I had bought a week or so ago, sourced from here. (http://aarohi.org/products.php?id=3)
It smells wonderful, so I decided to cook with it today.
I then looked for chicken marinade recipes online, and most were really complicated, but I finally came across one which suited me entirely. Here is the source. http://chickenmarinades.net/2009/04/fresh-and-simple/
I modified the recipe a bit as usual, (I should stop saying this), and added lemon rind. Im not so sure if I was successful. Add it in at your own risk.
So, here goes..
REST IN YOUR BELLY CHICKEN ROSEMARY
What you need
Half a kilo of boneless chicken/an equal amount of chicken any way you want
Salt to taste
For the magic marinade
Two tablespoons of olive oil
One teaspoon of crushed rosemary
A couple of cloves of garlic, depending on your garlic temperature
Juice and rind of one lemon
1. Wash the chicken and look at it.
2. Crush the rosemary and chop the garlic. Add this to the chicken. This is what it looks like.
3. Add the lemon juice and rind, and the olive oil, and let it marinade for an hour. I was short on time today so I managed half an hour, but best is to marinade for as long as possible, upto four hours.
Look at how many newspapers my dog can read! In your face. Hmm.
4. Cook the chicken until its done, you will know when you cut open a piece and its NOT pink. Also add salt. Just so you know, I added some more garlic and crushed rosemary here, it was tasting really sour. So maybe dont use all the juice of one lemon, just use a little less than that.
5. Take it out of the wok, and set it in a serving dhissh. Here is what it looked like. You may now eat it.
Also, just so you know, sometimes the sun shines on other peoples houses and not mine. I wish I had the choons to compose such a song, but I can listen to it. I think you should too. 🙂