MY AUNT KANCHAN’S FANTABULOUS SAUCY CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
What you need:
Around a kilo of good chicken, not the mean kind
Two tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
Two tablespoons of vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce
Two tablespoons of dark soy sauce
Two tablespoons of red chilli sauce
One tablespoon of green chilli sauce
Two tablespoons of ketchup
Salt and red chilli powder to taste
Veggies like carrots, potatoes, cauliflower(Boohoo!)
Olive oil enough to coat the veggies
What to do:
1. Wash your chicken really well, look at it, make sure there are no bloody scenes reminiscent of King Ashoka’s war killing spree before he became Buddhist and all.
2. Add all the marinade sauces in the above mentioned quantities, and the ginger garlic paste, and the salt and red chilli powder. Whisk it around, preferably using your hands.
3. Let it rest for 3 to 4 hours or less, depending on how much time you have.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop all the veggies in small pieces, and put on an oven tray. Add some salt and olive oil, and bake on 200 degrees celcius for an hour.
5. Cook the chicken in all its glorious sauces for around 40 minutes, until its tender.
6. Take off the fire and serve with the veggies.
7. Breathe in, dont forget to breathe out.