Im sick. I mean, I am still blogging because the condition is, “If breathing, will blog”. But the fact remains, that I am sick, and groggy, and generally not myself. Pug my life. So my cooking today, reflects that. I chose to make some chicken soup, so that I would feel better, and I seriously did, not that I could or still can taste anything. But my faithful tasters had some and they loved it, so I hope you do too. See, this is not your normal, sweet corny thing, or the creamy kind, it is much lighter yet full of flavor. So here goes…
Recipe source for today was hardly followed, except for the first step, but here it is anyway:
GET WELL SOONISH CHICKEN SOUP
What you need:
One stock cube
Two and a half mugs of water
Three pieces of chicken with a lot of chicken on them
A handful of shelled peas
A handful of chopped mushroom
Three to four garlic cloves, chopped finely
A knob of ginger, chopped finely
One onion, yes yes, chopped finely
A teaspoon or two of oil
Pepper and salt to taste
Oregano, a teaspoon
Dried rosemary, crushed, a teaspoon
What to do:
1. Put the water for boiling and add the stock cube.
2. When its nicely dissolved into the water, add the chicken to it.
3. In a separate wok, add the ginger, garlic and onion.
4. Add the peas and mushroom, once the ginger, garlic, onions become brown.
5. Once its not mush, not crunch, add it to the pressure cooker.
6. I had to exchange my pressure cooker here, so I did, for some personal vendetta, but anyway, so basically put it on till you get one whistle.
7. Once you get the whistle thing done, take it off the fire and keep it aside till all the steam comes out. Notice the lovely green peas on the side.
8. Once its all steamed out, take out all the chicken pieces and shred them by hand please.
9. Add it back to the pressure cooker, along with salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano. Once it is boiled, take it off fire and enjoy!
10. This is what it looks like all done. 🙂