So today I made a mistake. I asked my father what to put on the blog. He asked me to make shepherd’s pie, but then, when I had it all planned out in my head, he changed course, and said, No, that’s too heavy, so make ‘hot’ potatoes, after some probing, I understood. What he meant was jacket potatoes. So, I started my recipe hunt, and found one which made sense. So, I started out, as usual.
So, this is my father’s choice, I love you papa! ❤
Recipe source for potatoes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/theperfectbakedpotat_67837
Recipe source for filling: http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-0156n2.html
FATS JACKET POTATOES
What you need:
Salt and olive oil to cover them
For the filling
Three tablespoons of cream cheese (nom nom nom!)
3-4 Chopped spring onion stalks
Salt to taste
A teaspoon of crushed rosemary
Sprinkling of oregano
A teaspoon of crushed peppercorns
What to do:
1. Wash the potatoes nicely, take out all the dirt. Dry them. Also, poke at them randomly with a fork.
2. Rub the olive oil and salt on your hands, then rub the potatoes with your newly oiled, salty hands.
3. Put them on a baking tray, and bake on 200 degrees celcius for one hour or more or less. Basically, till the potatoes become mushy from inside.
4. Once they are done, cut them in half and scoop out the potato.
5. Mix all the filling ingredients together, and add to the scooped out potato.
6. Add them to the potato centres, and bake for around ten minutes. Yo.
7. Take out from the oven and enjoy!