Ok, so when I was online looking for recipes, I came across these lovely cakes on O magazine, which were made by super chefs. I cant make my cakes look like that, and why should I even try when thats what everyone does anyway? And this is a from the heart thing. Basically I dont know how to. F that shit. Ok, so one of the cakes called for pistachios/pistas. I decided to stick to them, so I looked up my trustworthy BBC good food guide, and found a recipe for pistachio chocolate squares. So this is what I made today.
Recipe source: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1161643/pistachio-and-milk-chocolate-squares
POINTEDLY PISTACHIO MILK CHOCOLATE SQUARES
What you need:
Around a cup of shelled pistas
200 grams of butter
200 grams of sugar
200 grams of milk chocolate
200 grams of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
150 ml sour cream ( I used hung curd)
100 ml milk
What to do:
1. Dunk around three fourth of the cup of shelled pistas, half the sugar, and 75 grams of the chocolate into a mixie, and blitz it twice, till it becomes fine.
2. In a patila, mix around the butter, remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, and milk. Add the mixie contents to it.
3. Mix well, and preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius. Also, grease a baking tin.
4. Add this mixture to the baking tin, and bake for around 30 minutes. Keep checking with a fork. This is what it looks like when its all done.
5. While its in the oven, make the icing by mixing the sour cream and remaining chocolate together. Once the cake is ready, splather the icing on it.
6. Add the pistachios and on top and enjoy! Actually, dont take it out before 30 minutes like I did, it wasnt entirely done in the middle but it tastes great. Also, add some more pistachios and get full flavor, I felt a bit pistachio cheated. Cut them into squares for the heck of it.