I didnt have a ring mould, so I used a glass. You will soon see how smart my grandmother is, who devised this trick.
So here goes,
FOUR APPLES WINTER LOVE CAKE
What you need:
A round cake mould, preferably a ring mould
Four apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
80 ml olive oil
150 grams yogurt
300 grams flour
Zest of one orange
150 grams of sugar
Powdered cinnamon, a pinch
Two teaspoons of baking powder
A pinch of salt
What to do:
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a big patila, starting with the eggs and sugar. When its all done, taste some of the batter. I think I ended up eating quite a bit. Somewhere in the middle of the mixing, pre heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Place a steel glass in the middle of your round cake mould and put the cake batter all around it.
3. Bake the cake for around 40 minutes, but please keep checking. This is what it looks like when its done.
4. Let it cool, then carefully take out the glass. Also take the cake off the base and keep on a plate.
5. Eat it! It is best enjoyed with some warm custard, or fresh cream. 🙂