Today, my nuclear family was invited for dinner to a lovely persons house. I cant really call her aunty, shes not in that category, and shes just awesome. So I decided to turn up with a desert. Yay.
I had spotted a banana chocolate tart a while back and I decided to recreate it in my kitchen. I managed quite well really. Not like im showing off or anything. Blah. So here goes..
Recipe source: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Banana-Tarts-238650A VERY NEIGHBOURLY BANANA CHOCOLATE TART
What you need:
A tart shell, (refer to previous days for the recipe, I think Day 30 has one)
For the filling
Six tablespoons of cream
One and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
One teaspoon of sugar
Six tablespoons of melted chocolate
For the caramelized banana
Enough sugar to coat it
What to do:
1. Make the tart shell and bring it to your kitchen.
4. Add the filling to the tart shell and keep in the fridge for an hour. So when I made this, the filling was less. I added more chocolate, half a mashed banana, and a teaspoon of cream. I whipped this and added it to the filling. It worked well.
5. For the caramelized banana, add some brown sugar to a pan, and add the bananas on top.
Sprinkle more sugar on top, and keep turning them till they turn brown. Be careful not to burn them.
6. Once the tart is frozen, take it out and add the caramelized banana on top.
7. Carry it to your neighbours house and enjoy. I will admit, my tart wasnt really frozen, so I took it over anyway. Thats the advantage with non fussy neighbours, or non fussy people in general. Unfortunately, they are rare to come by now. Boo.