So, today I carrot caked. And the results were lovely to say the least.
Today’s post is dedicated to my father, who takes awesomeness to new levels everyday. Love you! ❤
So here goes..
CARROT CAKE FOR MI PADRE
What you need:
A cup of grated carrots
A teaspoon of vanilla extract
80 grams of butter
One and one fourth cup of sugar
One fourth cup of oil
150 grams of flour
Half teaspoon of baking powder
Half teaspoon of baking soda
Half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
50 grams of crushed walnuts
One tablespoon of milk
For the icing( This is my recipe) 😀
180 grams of cream cheese ( I used the britannia pack)
Three tablespoons of butter
Three tablespoons of powdered/icing sugar
A few drops of red food colour
Two to three tablespoons of milk, depending on how thin or thick you want the icing
A teaspoon or more of cinnamon powder
A few whole walnuts for end decoration
What to do:
1. Blitz the sugar, butter and oil in a mixie. The book is in the background. 😀
2. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder in a patila. Oh, and the eggs, the eggs, them too. Then add the stuff from the mixie too.
3. Mix away, and after a bit, add the carrots and walnuts.
4. Mix some more, and add it to a pre greased baking dish. If you havent greased it yet, just add some oil.
5. Bake for around twenty minutes in a 200 degrees celcius oven. Take it out and stare at it. 🙂
For the icing, just blitz all the ingredients in the mixie and splather it all over the cake.
In the end, add the walnuts on top. Yo.
It looks so good that you should eat it and finish it and sing to it. 😀 😀