I have never really been a “lets use the microwave to cook” kind of person, but when my friend Rayman told me to try something out which she can make at work, I had to do it for her, and for all of us who go to work and want something hot, not ordered, and not those piddly rotis all scrunched up. I dont have a microwave at work, but thats ok, most mortals do, and this goes out to all of you craving something decent at work. Its nothing great really, just an egg. But it tasted as good as something in the pan, and I will make it again when I dont feel like dirtying a ton of dishes.
Recipe source: http://www.wikihow.com/Scramble-Eggs-in-a-Microwave
OFFICE OFFICE EGG IN A BOWL
What you need:
Salt, pepper, oregano to taste (whatever spices you want)
Butter/oil to grease the bowl (If you cant manage it, its still ok)
Milk (optional, I didnt use any, forgot actually)
What to do:
1. Grease a microwave safe dish.
2. Crack the egg into it, and add all the seasonings.
3. Give it a good whisk.
4. Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Take it out, and move the bowl in such a way that the uncooked, floating (gross) part of the egg gets on top of the cooked part.
6. Put the bowl back into the microwave, and microwave at ten second intervals, and keep doing this till you know its cooked. I took a video by mistake, so this is a screen shot. 😛
7. Enjoy with some bread, or anything else. You can even make maggi or something and add it on top.
I loved this egg. The recipe said you could add bacon too, but I dont know how good an idea that is, the bacon might spoil on your way. But if you want, you could add it. Even onions. But I felt this basic recipe worked well. Try it next time youre bored and crave something hot. And add more eggs if youre not a one egg person.