I would like to thank the closet cooker, I came across the spinach and feta quesadillas on his blog, but my father didnt want spinach, so I looked for an alternate filling. I would have ordinarily revolted, but I dont like spinach much too, so it was a win-win situation of sorts. So here goes..
Here is the source: http://www.archanaskitchen.com/world-recipes/appetizers/85-vegetarian-quesadillas
VERY VEGGIE QUESADILLAS
What you need:
Four tortilla wrap things
A couple of garlic cloves, crushed
A cup of diced onions
A cup of diced tomatoes
A quarter cabbage, chopped
One green bell pepper, diced
A cup of diced carrots
Two green onions, chopped
Salt and red chilli powder to taste
Olive oil to cook
Two tablespoons of milk, optional
Some sweet corn from a can
Enough grated cheese to coat the veggies inside the quesadilla, around a cup actually
What to do:
1. Add some oil to a wok, and once its hot, add the garlic and onion. You will know its done when it browns.
2. Then add the tomatoes, and the salt, and once its mushy, add all the other veggies. Also add some corn from a can, as much as you want.
3. Add the red chilli powder.
4. Let it cook till the water dries up, then add some milk.
5. Let that dry up too, and put off the gas.
6. On a side pan, take a tortilla wrap and keep it on there. Once its warm, add the veggie mix in the middle, and the cheese on top. Wrap it up, and let it be there for 5 minutes. I forgot to take a picture with the cheeze over the veggies, but im sure you can imagine some.
7. Serve with some green chutney/ketchup/mostaza/mayo. Whatever really.
This tastes great without any cheese too, so you could try that. 🙂