So here goes…
EGG IN A BUN IN THE SUN, PREFERABLY
What you need:
Since this is a very personal journey, all ingredients are meant for one person, so umm, modify if you plan to make this for a family or friends. Friends are family, family are friends. 🙂
A couple of sliced onion and tomato pieces
A teaspoon of chopped coriander
Cheese, to taste, I used really little
A teaspoon each of dried oregano and rosemary
Salt to taste
Half a teaspoon of crushed peppercorns
Oil to cook
One bun, cut in the middle, and some butter or oil to butter or oil it
What to do:
1. Whip the egg well, with the salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary.
2. Heat up some oil on a flat pan, and once its hot, place the tomato and onion pieces onto it.
3. Once the onion browns a bit, add the whipped egg onto it. Add the cheese too.
6. Take a sneak peak, and if you feel its done, add the coriander, take it off the gas, and fix it between the two bun pieces.
7. Your egg in a bun is totally ready to eat. Enjoy with some tomato ketchup/mostaza/green chutney. 🙂
I cant describe how good this was. The best part is the versatility. Add some indian spices, like turmeric, garam masala, red chilli powder and coriander powder, and you have a different version. You can also omit the onions and tomatoes, making it a plain omlette, or retain the cheese for a cheese omlette. For a richer taste, use butter to cook. Possibilites are limitless, fortunately.