SAUCY TOMATO SAUCE
What you need:
A kilo of tomatoes
Two onions, finely chopped
One carrot, finely chopped
A teaspoon of crushed oregano
Salt to taste
A couple of basil leaves
A splash of red wine/vinegar
Sugar to taste
If it gets to sugary, then add lemon juice
50 ml of olive oil
Three cloves of garlic
Ok, now the original recipe called for leek and celery, I didnt have both so didnt add it, you ofcourse can and should really.
What to do:
1. Blanch the tomatoes. This means that heat up some water in a patila and dunk the tomatoes in, until you see the skin come off.
2. Once that happens, let it cool, and chop up the tomatoes, quartering is totally acceptable really.
3. Now, in a wok, add the oil. Once its hot, add the garlic and onion, and once its translucent, add the carrots. Now, cook for some two minutes and add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, and vinegar.
4. Add some salt and sugar to the melange, and let it cook for an hour. Since gas is a problem and my father would blast me since ordering the new one is a true pain, I did this for half hour.
5. Cool it down. I did this by placing the wok under a fan. You dont have to, you can wait a long time for it to cool, till christmas maybe?
6. Add it to the mixie, and blend.
7. Keep it in a container, and transfer to a bottle in the morning. Pictures will come tomorrow morning.
Also, for the side, just randomly, make some GLH(ginger lemon honey). Add a knob of crushed ginger, half a lemon’s juice, to a pan. Once its done, add this to a cup, along with a tablespoon of honey. Enjoy enjoy. Also, the ginger is grown in my domestic help’s garden in Jharkhand, and the honey is from Kumaon, saara organic. 🙂