1. She stuck stick-em-stones onto my apron as a kid. For the poor souls not born in the 90s, here is a link: http://www.partytimetoday.com/detail/6533_detail.jpg2. She brought my dog to school once.
3. She bought me pink pants and green shoes.
4. She does a happy dance with me sometimes, and calls me ploot, bloot, and gooch.
Ok thats enough. So she wanted risotto today, and thats what she got, with the proper arborio rice. Hmm. The recipe source is ofcourse, Travelling Diva!
So here goes:
MOMMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO
What you need:
Three tablespoons of olive oil
150 grams of arborio rice
40 ml of white wine
Half a litre of stock if using a cube, or one litre if using home made
300 grams of fresh mushrooms, chopped
Herbs, salt, pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Heat up the oil in a wok and add the rice.
2. Once its nicely coated in the oil, add the wine, and let it dry up completely.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, boil the water and add the stock cube. Once its dissolved and at boiling point, add it slowly, to the risotto in the wok, ladle by ladle. (spoon by spoon). Only ladle more stock when the water you added previously in the wok is dry. Keep stirring the risotto inside the wok while youre doing this. Do this for ten minutes. Never stop stirring choons.
4. Once ten minutes are up, add the mushrooms. Start the ladle process again, for another twenty minutes. Check if the rice is done. We gave up mid way and just put the lid on, and let it cook in its steam. Oh, and somewhere along the way, add the salt and pepper. 😀
5. Keep checking to see if the rice is cooked.
6. Once you know it is, add some crushed parsley and oregano.
7. Eat it now. Dammit.