HILLY BILLY PASTA
What you need:
For four people:
500 grams of macaroni/penne
Enough water to cover
A teaspoon of salt
A teaspoon of oil
Eight medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
Two onions, finely chopped
Four to give cloves of garlic, pounded away in a mortar pestle
Salt to taste
Olive or any other kind of oil to cook
Oregano to taste, one teaspoon is good. (Its completely ok if this isnt available)
One bay leaf
One finely chopped capsicum, optional
What to do:
1. Heat up one tablespoon of oil in a wok. Once its hot, add the bay leaf. Let it swim around, and then add the onion and garlic. I added the garlic and bay leaf together, but you can add the onion after that, or just put all of them together.
2. Once the onion and garlic are slightly brown, add the tomatoes and salt. Keep cooking this until the sauce reduces in volume, and the tomatoes start looking visibly redder. Add the chopped capsicum at this stage. For the uninitiated, capsicum = green peppers.
3. Put the gas off, and add some oregano and other related seasonings on top.
4. For the pasta, boil the water with the oil and salt. Once its almost boiled, add the pasta to it. Keep checking to see if its done. I have a shady habit of tasting (and actually enjoying) semi-cooked pasta, but thats just me at my choonistic best. You dont do this please, just take it out when its done.
5. Strain out all the extra water, and keep the pasta aside.
6. Serve the pasta with the sauce.
7. Do a little hilly billy dance.
8. Make sure your guests clean up the dishes and also spread peace love and compassion.