Ive really not been blogging lately. I look at other food blogs and despair not updating my own, so today I got out of the non-productive smell (I swear, non-productiveness smells differently), and Im updating this. In other news, my baby zulu (my 11 year old daschund), got paralysed from the back legs. It is agonizing looking at her dragging herself across the floor 😦 😦 The first day she wouldnt even wag her tail, now she does that, and a really mini butt jiggle. I realize over this tough period how much a dog can do for you, all the joy she has given me, all the times she’s bitten me in anger, the times she’s been scared of diwali crackers, and the times Ive spent just holding her when im down and out and feel the world is against me. I am determined to get her well though, and we are doing all the best we can to make her well. Coming back to being happy and looking at good things, I made a stir fry vegetable dish with a lot of vegetables in it. A LOT. Ask Ila Reddy, she came over the other day and I fed her this. I doubt it tastes good, or maybe it does, she said she liked it 🙂 Here is the recipe.
PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY VEGETABLES WITH LOVE FROM ME TO YOU
What you need:
Seasonal vegetables that can be stir fried:
We used broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers, cholia (green chickpeas, dont know how to translate, its basically a green vegetable thing which looks like peas but umm isnt), sprouts, zucchini, onions, black mushrooms (YUM)
Chholia and sprouts look like this:
For the black mushrooms, soak them in hot water for a bit, and they bloom like little darlings waiting to do a little dance…
For the stir fry sauce: (Recipe source: http://www.fortysomething.ca/2012/05/15_basic_stir_fry_sauce_recipes.php)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 tsp. granulated sugar
4 tsp. natural peanut butter (I got this wonderful bottle of natural peanut butter from a nunnery in Dharamshala, go me! ) I also ended up adding some skippy, I know that bad MNC shit, and I realized its too sweet, but good anyway.
2 Tbsp. water
2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic paste (Invest in this, looks amazing and tastes good )
Here are all the stir fry sauce ingredients lined up:
1 tablespoon any oil except mustard because we are not cooking mustard oil dishes here, thanks
Ginger slivers (10-15 mini slivers)
Garlic crushed (2 pods crushed)
What to do:
1. Prepare the stir fry sauce by blending all the stir fry ingredients together.
2. Now we shall stir fry. Yes we will.
3. Add the oil to a huge wok, depending on the amount of vegetables. I made a huge ton which had to be thrown away, but Im an idiot like that.
4. Once the oil is added, add the onions, garlic and ginger. Let them dance around for a bit, till the onion gets brown, and add the zuccini. Once the zuccini reaches the no crunch, no mush stage, add some of the other stuff, the broccoli, chholia, and sprouts. When they get a little cooked, (I need to broccoli to be crunchy, my eyes are on you), add the peppers. The peppers come last basically. Yo baby.
5. Give one stir, and then add the stir fry sauce. This is what it looks like, once blended:
6. Let the veggies bathe in the sauce, and then serve!
7. To make you jealous, we served the stir fry with red rice. Nom nom nom.
Make this please, will be great great great. Love you all readers! xxx