Ok so sweet potatoes are my new besties. They are full of fibre and deliciously amazing. Here is an Indian spicy recipe for sweet potato cutlets or tikkis as we call them.
I found a recipe online which I modified. Here is the recipe source :
Here is what you need:
1. 45 minutes out of your seemingly busy life
2. 3 sweet potatoes – boiled in the pressure cooker, or baked. Figure out the baked stuff yourself.
3. Indian spices – coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder (all to taste)
4. Chat masala (yummy Indian spice)
6. One carrot, grated
7. One onion, chopped finely
What to do:
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and mash them up. Mash them baby. And then mash some more.
2. Add the carrot and onion and mash some more.
3. Add all the spices and mash again.
4. Roll into flat cutlets.
5. Cook on your non-stick pan. I used no oil. Seriously no lies.
6. Serve with green chutney or make burgers!
7. Yes please!
1. Cut the burger bun (prefs whole wheat) in two and toast.
2. Spread with spread of your choice or mint chutney works really well.
3. Add the cutlet and place two tomato rounds and one onion round on top.
4. Close the bun and enjoy!