So for my second entry to the IFBM and Freedom Tree (www.freedomtree.in) baking contest, I decided to push myself to the absolute limit, and make corn pizza. I basically used corn to make a pizza base, and then topped it with peppers and cashew cheese, to make a deliciously different pizza.
So here goes. . .
CORN PIZZA FOR ONE WITH CASHEW CHEESE AND PEPPERS
What you need:
1/2 cup of boiled corn
Salt, chili flakes and oregano to taste
1/4th cup of flour, or more as required
Five tablespoons of cashew cheese (recipe here)
A few slices of chopped yellow/red/green peppers or any other veg topping of choice (NOT Karela family please)
What to do:
1. First, blend the corn, salt, chili flakes and oregano, with 4 tablespoons of water.
2. Make a dough with the blended corn and flour.
3. Make it into a base with your hands, pat it like you would a roti.
4. Place it on a pre-greased baking tray, and bake for ten minutes.
5. Your crust is now ready.
6. Right when you want to eat the pizza, top it with cashew cheese and the veggies, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, till the cheese starts getting crisp.
You could also go the traditional tomato sauce route, but I felt that the tomatoes would take away from the natural taste of the lush corn.
Also, avocados would be an amazing topping, just saying.