Hello. Hello again. 🙂
So im leaving for the Food Blogger’s Meet dayafter, and my excitement has no bounds. It is going to be so amazing, I can feel it already. 😀
I love those lovely yellow beings, standing tall encased in green. The kernels all beautifully uniform, lush in the monsoon. It is almost like falling in love with happiness.
So here goes, an entry to the IFBM and Freedom Tree (www.freedomtree.in) Baking Contest 🙂
THAI ORANGE CHILLI OPEN POPPERS WITH A CASHEW CHEESE FILLING
What you need:
5 big size thai orange chillies, cut in half and deseeded (You can use big green chillies too)
5 tablespoons of cashew cheese
1/4th cup boiled corn
Oil enough to coat the baking tray
10 basil leaves for garnish
For the cashew cheese
Half a handful of cashews, soaked in water prefs overnight
Half a teaspoon of salt
5 green malabar peppercorns/any other peppercorns
One of garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger, sliced
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Oregano and chili flakes to taste
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees celcius.
2. Fill the thai bird chillies with freshly boiled corn, and spoon in the cashew cheese.
3. Bake for ten minutes, on a pre-greased baking tray.
4. Garnish with basil leaves.
5. Try and hide from your dogs and eat.