So I’ve started this online cooking course called Rouxbe, and my first assignment was to make a go-to dish. I obvs decided on cashew cheese baked poppers! These are so tasty its not even funny. It does take some effort to make I must admit, but it’s really worth it.
Also it’s a really dreamy and rainy day today, hence you should listen to some super cool Anu Malik 😀
Accha without further delay, here is the recipe.
BAKED CASHEW CHEESE POPPERS
What you need:
4 big red chillies, halved lengthwise
A mini bit of oil to coat them while baking
For the cashew cheese
One handful of cashews
One teaspoon of chilli flakes
One tablespoon of chopped parsley
Two cloves of garlic
A mini knob of ginger, chopped
Juice of one lemon
Six-eight green malabar peppercorns/any other peppercorns
Juice of one lemon (only one, ok)
Salt to taste
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat your (only yours) oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Make the cashew cheese by blending all the ingredients together with a mini-bit of water, to get a creamy consistency.
3. Spoon it into the chilli halves.
4. Grease the baking tray with oil, or else individually apply oil to the poppers.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cashew cheese is slightly brown 🙂 Enjoy as is really, until I come up with a pairing 😀